Quote:

So on average what were the sonic check numbers#, how thick were the 2002 3/4 ton blocks as compared to the later ones?
Quote:

We have like 8 or 9, 5.7 blocks and 3, 6.1 blocks laying around. Started hoarding the 5.7's when the 5.7 Eagle engines came out and grab up the new 6.1's whenever I can.

I just picked up a couple fully machined, ready to assemble 5.7 blocks from a engine reman shop that was going out of business for $75 ea. One was bored .020" over and the other .040".

The stoutest block of all are the very few and rare 5.7's that were available in 2002 3/4 ton Hemi Ram trucks. Those blocks can safely take up to a 4" bore.

From all the later 5.7 blocks we have and I sonic checked, (what a long day lol) basically a 060" over 5.7 will have the same wall thickness of a .020" 6.1.

Could it be that the 5.7 and 6.1 have a higher nickel content and stronger design thats why they survive 700 hp?
The factory LA block could hand up to 600 hp then the cylinder wall would split open. Not all of them but most IMO.
If most 5.7 can hand a .060 overbore I'm good with that.