My reason.

1. starting at 470/470 factory should be more then enough to push my challenger into the 11's with a stock engine.

2. cost. IF and that is a big IF the 6.4 is priced at around the same price as the 6.1. 7500.00 from mopar complete with wiring harness and all the senors. IT would be a killer deal.

3. A huge cost with the 3rd gen Hemi's is the core charge most engine builders have running as high 1500-2000. Which i can understand giving the block head wiring and senors cost.

4. With a cam swap, headers and a tune i should have well over 525 ponies on tap.

Granted this all depends on the price of the 6.4L IF it is around the 6.1L pricing.

I'm missing something. When did Chrysler or any other compagny start offering cams for the VVT engines.

How do you manage to tune the production 6.4 engine with the production computer?
Don't take this the wrong way, I hope that someone somewhere has manage to crack the roaming encryption codes that Chrysler is now using. I heard that they are almost impossible to crack

Keep us informed.