Quote:

1badx

I don’t post here too much anymore as my interest have changed. But occasionally something is brought to my attention. That said, I have 2 cars that I converted over to factory EFI 6.1L's. Ones a 4spd the other an auto. Your comment above caught my interest. If I am reading right, you are saying someone can take a LX series PCM(I used 2004DR PCM's)and use it for the conversion? If so, what are you doing about the SKIM(if activated)or the other inputs that PCM is requesting? Also,what year is most compatible? I have(3)2007 LX 6.1L PCM's in my possession.

Also, what is this $750.00 kit you are referring to? Can you be more specific?

First off, being selfish, how much do you want for the LX pcms?

Second, my only experience with the swaps has been with 5.7 truck engines (a local truck salvage company calls me when they get these in).

They have all been 04/05 model years. And there have not been any SKIM/VATS issues to deal with.

I called to verify my cost on harnesses and waiting on a callback. However, there seems to be quite a few out there but the retail is $950

I will try to get the specifics if other year units will work and if so what is required (from the same company I buy my harnesses from).

I am also updating my previous post (if I can) recommending that pre-2009 PCM's should be used.
From a CMR tuning perspective the pre-2009 has active VE tables but if the SKIM or other CAN bus issues are involved then the only option I can validate may be the 2005 5.7 truck PCM.

Good call out and I apologize for being misleading if in fact the other model year PCM's will not work.