Quote:

Quote:

The BES engine also used the older 5.7 Hemi heads. Take a look at the picture of the chamber and you'll see the quench pads. 5.7 Eagle heads don't have those. Also with our dyno testing our older 5.7 ported head made 30 hp/20 tq more than our ported 6.1's. Too many guy's get lost about cfm flow numbers and forget about port velocity.

I also agree with Zippy about CCV. I just picked up a set of those very rare 6.1 aluminum valve covers and plan to tig up some breathers on them. Just trying to figure out a design to put a baffle in them. I'm too cheap to buy the aftermarket taller one's. lol

Also, if there were oiling issues with the way these Gen III Hemi's are oiled, you would see the # 7/8 rods being taken out. Most failures are with the #5/6 and I have only seen 1 failure with the #3/4 and that was on Teuton's last weekend. I have my own theories as to why the center rod bearings are affected and after some more research, hopefully I can post up the fact's.

I could be wrong but the article shows a 5.7 eagle chamber head and they stated a late model head

Check it out. See the quench pads?

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/1103phr_bes_417ci_gen_iii_hemi/photo_12.html

Last edited by hemidup; 09/10/11 11:50 PM.

Jerry Williams.