Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/1103phr_bes_417ci_gen_iii_hemi/index.html

i just read the article...
can you imagine the power he would have made if he had got the cam where he wanted it..
i personally know Tony, he has been building my families engines for years. i know most all employees past and present. the whole crew are deffinately the heavy hitters in the gen.III field
and you WILL NOT get better customer service anywhere

The problem is the 6500 rpm shutoff for emc. If that was changed to 7000rpm(and no valvetrain/oiling issues pop up) with some tweaking I'd think the HP would pick up nicely. I wonder why I haven't found any EMC competitors running the needed(for a wide powerband!LOL) spread LSA'S. I don't need an answer to that question,just

Look closely at the Jessel lifter. They drilled a hole in the side of the lifter and pumped it up through the lifter galley instead of using the factory top oiling system through the rockershaft. Luckily they put a 6500 rpm limit during the engine competition cause most of us Mopar nut's know that a conventional hydralic lifter is done at 5800 rpm. I don't think the Jessel system could withstand 8500 rpm.

Comments are welcomed.

Are the lifters used by BES in this build hyd or solid/hybrid lifters? I never suggested 8500rpm,but think the reason that combo only hit 700hp is because it was built for that,not that it couldn't pick up above 6500rpm IF the valvetrain works there. It would likely require a new camshaft to raise the peak hp rpm,but that goes with the territory as I'd think the heads,induction,etc are not done @6500rpm. Does that make sense?