Quote:

Quote:

My reason.

1. starting at 470/470 factory should be more then enough to push my challenger into the 11's with a stock engine.

2. cost. IF and that is a big IF the 6.4 is priced at around the same price as the 6.1. 7500.00 from mopar complete with wiring harness and all the senors. IT would be a killer deal.

3. A huge cost with the 3rd gen Hemi's is the core charge most engine builders have running as high 1500-2000. Which i can understand giving the block head wiring and senors cost.

4. With a cam swap, headers and a tune i should have well over 525 ponies on tap.

Granted this all depends on the price of the 6.4L IF it is around the 6.1L pricing.

I'm missing something. When did Chrysler or any other compagny start offering cams for the VVT engines.

How do you manage to tune the production 6.4 engine with the production computer?
Don't take this the wrong way, I hope that someone somewhere has manage to crack the roaming encryption codes that Chrysler is now using. I heard that they are almost impossible to crack

Keep us informed.

I think there is one compnay making cams for the VCT motors I thought remember the name it was on the LX forums but You can always send out the factory came to be reground.

As of now you can't tune the motors but that will changes heck it the same thing was said about the 3rd Gen Hemi when they first came out.

I plan on useing an older PCM to so you can tune it.

The VCT is easy to get around b/c there is 2 companies out there that make a part that locks the VCT in place so you can use an older computer. Modern muscle and Comp Cams both have one.

That is encouraging news. I too am looking to swap a hemi into my 03 Dakota.
If I could get a new 6.4 for the same price as a 6.1 I will purchase it.
I think the new blocks are a stronger design.
I mentioned a spacer awhile back that would allow you to use an older cam.
One thing to remember is that they changed the toner ring on the crankshaft from 09 and up. The toner rings are interchangeable. Make sure you change yours and the pickup before tuning it.
Do you have pictures of the paced?