Quote:

sixpackgut,,,,,saw some pics on your post 'my hemi'...saw the engine with the stock crank pulley on it,,,I was wondering about that setup myself but hadn't got around to asking any questions yet..What are other people's ideas as to using the stock pulley or some type of dampner. I realize there is no keyway in the crank, and I am not even sure anybody makes a damper or if it is needed??? I have wondered about this from teardown, but hadn't asked anyone...opinions anybody..??.. or preferably, actual experiences/results. I realize also, that the crank would need to be keyed for a damper to work, and there would be no need to have timing marks and such,,,,just thinking and wondering.. Thanks

ATI makes Dampers for the G3's They cone with a key slot. They also sell a fixture for drilling/reaming a couple of dowels into the crank so the key slot could be used. Personally I don't see a need for the key slot unless you're running a belt driven blower. I run the MSD Hemi 6 controller & the timing is programmable by laptop.