Quote:

540Challenger - Is there a specific reason why you are considering a 6.4 block? I have not had any of the 6.4's in the shop but was wondering the benefits over a 5.7 which seem relatively easy to locate for cheap? Nothing against the 6.4. From what I've read it's the same bore as the 6.1 with the crank having a longer stroke. I also read that there are oiling passage mods but I'm not sure if they are for the MDS or overall improved oiling.

I just wanted to know if there are any specific advantages I am not aware of.

Thanks in advance!

If my research is right the 6.4L bore is 4.09 while the 6.1 is 4.055. Anyway i think it is the must bang for the buck unless i get a killer deal on something else.

My reason.

1. starting at 470/470 factory should be more then enough to push my challenger into the 11's with a stock engine.

2. cost. IF and that is a big IF the 6.4 is priced at around the same price as the 6.1. 7500.00 from mopar complete with wiring harness and all the senors. IT would be a killer deal.

3. A huge cost with the 3rd gen Hemi's is the core charge most engine builders have running as high 1500-2000. Which i can understand giving the block head wiring and senors cost.

4. With a cam swap, headers and a tune i should have well over 525 ponies on tap.

Granted this all depends on the price of the 6.4L IF it is around the 6.1L pricing.