Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How much would you say a build like this one would cost?

Just a ballpark figure?

You might be better off buying a built combo (like the one listed above). I have at least one customer selling his complete engine after the Gen III Hemi shootout in ATCO on 11/4. That combo is setup for E85 but I have tunes for pump gas that I could email you as well as walk you through the "load" process.

PM me if you want me to get a price if you're interested. Otherwise, if you're a "do it yourself" guy, locate a 5.7 core, I have a bunch of 6.1 cranks ($150 each), you can usually find a 6.1 intake for $4-500, and the rest of the parts can easily be priced used or new.

i am building a similar engine. i have the 5.7 and the 6.1 crank.

what rods are you using, the 2.100 drag pack rods, or another part number?

and what about a piston part number?

thanks in advance... and i maybe interested in another 6.1 crank. will you ship?

The cheapest route would to buy a used 6.1 crank, offset grind it for Honda rod journals with a .927" pin and 6.200" center to center which is an Eagle shelf rod. With a 6.125" rod you'll need to clearance the crank throw's. Don't forget to reharden the crank after the crank was reground. We do one step further and cryo treat our offset cranks.

I know you have had good luck with them in your engine, but the eagle rods scare me a little bit. I would be all for the small journal honda rods, but would rather find a set of new k1, manleys, or carillo take outs. Whats the big end width on those eagles???

thanks for your help.

Interested in having you car wired? Drag car, street car, EFI swap? PM for details