Quote:

once again. turn it around,re-word it anyway you want,no matter what state in the united states you live in,ANYWHERE, SWAPPING VIN TAGS FROM ONE VEHICLE TO ANOTHER IS AGAINST THE LAW.
all the roadrunners,cuda's,challenger r/t's,six-pack cars,hemi cars,etc. that are originals,restored and still out there are all that is left. if you have rebodied any of them. you have built a fake.
doesn't matter who you have fooled,or how you justify it,you still own a fake. it's no better than a clone. period.
one of the best examples,a couple of years ago,a guy at a big local show,had a 69 coronet R/T there,beautiful car. he was standing there telling how it was a badly rusted out,numbers matching,26,XXX original mile 4-speed car,and that he had bought a rust-free 69 coronet slant 6 car,to "save and rebody the R/T". so he disclosed that. no big deal. the funny? a bit later,3 on-duty police officers were walking around the show,and they stopped at this guys car,and,being the part of the country we live in,1 of the officers asked the man if he was the one who restored the car,and how did he find such a rust-free and straight coronet around here? now,all of a sudden,his answer was,"um,uh,yeah i restored it". lolol. why did he not tell the officer,"oh,i bought a rust-free body and swapped the VIN tag"???
because he has something to hide.and,now stay with me here......IT"S ILLEGAL

Ok so I had the core support, one front frame rail, part of the uni-body, roof, one and a 1/2 rear frame rail, trunk lip and dash supported on a frame machine and I welded all new metal around it. Is that legal? I wasn't making a legal or illegal point. Just stating you are basically doing the same thing, some will say that's a restoration and some will say re-body.