Quote:

Quote:

.. If the OP is asking for Barry to fabricate a fendertag, that implies that Barry is very skilled at doing it ...no? This means he has done it before.
If so, under what circumstances did Barry make those f.tags? Either way, it appears those circumstances have changed.

Knowing how to do something and doing it are two different things. There are lots of people that COULD help make fake tags. It doesn't mean they have or would.

Your post implies he has helped make fake tags in the past. Do you have any evidence to support that assertion or are you just casting aspersions
on the man's character?

Thank you for your response. I wrote that I intended NO OFFENSE. Please honor the intent with which my question was posted.

Barry, I mean no offense here.

I have no doubt in your integrity. You have stated emphatically you would not do produce a duplicate tag. You even hung up on the OP. You probably want to have nothing more with this thread.

It seems the problem was I used the term 'fabricate' in my post. I apologize for that choice because it got misinterpreted. I meant to "fabricate" as in to produce, manufacture, make. The limit of internet posts is a reader can't always interpret the meaning as well as if it was spoken in conversation. I did not mean 'fake'.

I am sure years ago "the numbers" mattered to only a select few people. I am curious what the conditions were in which someone would make a replacement fendertag assuming an honest intent. Now, the hobby has obviously changed radically and there's major focus on this as forgeries abound. That's what I meant by "circumstances change" and likely the reason you decline to get involved in it.
- Art

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle