Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I REALLY don't see why it's such a BIG deal if somebody wants to re-create their tag as long as they are up-front about it.

Because eventually the car is sold, the seller who made the change may be up front about it but as the car is resold someone forgets to be up front and the next thing you know the "updated" tag becomes "gospel".

Barry is a great guy who has nothing but the best intentions for our hobby. I applaud his efforts.

Well that would be on the new owner to disclose the details of the car. It's not like 95% of these cars haven't had somekind of tweaking over the last 40+ years. If somebody has a ton of money in his car why can't he make a tag up if he/she thinks it "completes" the build. For some random dude to bash the OP about a TAG is...well being an ashhat. If I had a guy come of of the blue, no matter his Mopar status and start telling me I was doing something illegal I'd tell him to go pound sand.

I thought you would tell them to build a 440 and use a Holley 750 ?

Back to the topic , if someone didn't do something shady to begin with you wouldn't have to rely on someone else to do the right thing .

I think what Barry does is good for the hobby as a whole, go back and read the link about Harley P. from NY with the FAKED Hemi 'cuda , he sent me PM's very upset about a member having the original door label from his 'cuda as his sig picture a number of years back ( I had it as my sig pic also) , I still have the PM ...

here it is ...

Quote:

Subject : I find it very offencive (sic)

Mr John,on the thread that says, this a pole on who likes 68 coronet r/t's 68 super bee's
one of the members has for his avitar some ones door vin,dash vin..(69 six pack) i beilve is the screen name..its just the fact that its not his or anyones business wheither the cars a fake or re vined etc.i think he or anyone onthe this board has a right descriminating towards someone elses car no matter what the case mabe..i really find it offencive that he's allowed to descriminate or parade it all over the board,an not have any single one of the moderators addressed this issue with this gentalmen.
i want it removed immediately.
best regards, Harley Pappas

Last edited by JohnRR; 12/28/10 01:49 PM.