Quote:

[

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A spirited post, to say the least. Here's my two cents.

Fender tags and build sheets are not legally required, legally binding, nor illegal to produce or buy/sell.... Nothing immoral about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So are you OK with the remade tag I posted earlier in the thread where major things were changed? Are you OK with selling and reselling the car down the road knowing about the major changes? How would future buyers know about these changes?

/quote]

Yes, I am ok with making major changes to a car. Yes, I am ok with having a tag made to reflect those changes. PERSONALLY, I would trash the tag if I sold the car. But if someone else would leave the tag with the car, misrepresenting it to make more $, or even informing the new buyer the tag was not original, I stand by what I said in an earlier post; the responsibility to make sure you are getting what you pay for is THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER.

Why would ANYONE pay top $ for something that is easy to imitate, or that can't be verified as authentic? If you personally don't know the history of the car, put your money in gold, for pete's sake.