This topic is getting so hot I had to go put on some oven mits . Personally ,I think it is fantastic that guys like Barry try to enforce some type of justice, here in the wild west we call, "the mopar hobby" . Their is so much fraud
and deception in our hobby. Restamped blocks, incorrect fendertags, Altered VINS , etc.
The day is probably near when some joker will even stoop so low as to attempt to tool up and create acurate looking reproduction buildsheets .
It would not suprise me one bit .
But the bottom line is , nobody has to appoint you "sheriff" or anything, for you to desire to help people in a positive way . Reuniting people with numbers matching blocks, lost buildsheets, etc.
as well as informing someone that the FM3 4 speed T/A they are interested in buying is actually an FF4 automatic that was altered, all those things are good things, positive things.
You should not feel ofended or threatened that someone is acting all "high and mighty" just because they will not endorse fabricated documentation. Hey, diffrent strokes for diffrent folks . Some of us wear white hats, and some don't . It's just in your blood. Integrity, honor, etc. are traits some have more so than others, and some people enjoy helping other people .
The bottom line is this...fabricated documentation is bad . Period, end of story .
And I didn't need a sheriff's badge to say that .

Greg

gregward@mchsi.com phone 256-852-0955