A couple of sets after the Aussie Chevelle made a radial spinning 9.31-156, Darren and Dale pushed the Ruster Duster under the tower in anticipation of Boone's first run of Friday. Given the condition of the removed oil, he wasn't too keen on making multiple runs, but he also had no intention of towing it back to Oklahoma without his first ever nine second time slip either. He's had a fist full of 10.0 runs in his lifetime, courtesy of several different cars, but the elusive three digit ET has always escaped his grasp.
Darren walked over to where I was standing as Dale gave Boone last minute instructions. I saw Boone nod, then Dale shut the driver's door and the big block fired to life.
"What's the plan?" I asked Darren as we watched the Dust idle into the water box.
"The sure grip is just about shot, so he needs to keep his burnout going after he lets go of the line lock, and hopefully get the tire temps close. Hit the nitrous early, shift early, stay in the groove, and hang on!"
"It took Dale that long to tell him all that", I laughed.
"You know Dale", Darren gave me an elbow, "he likes to repeat himself, and add a few different words each time, just to make sure you are listening!"

The Ruster Duster was beside Matt Grant's red '07 Mustang, which needed an 8.37 or better if he were to hold off Jamie's Silver 10 Challenger for third place in Modified Power Adder. When I dropped that knowledge on Darren, he didn't seem impressed, he just asked me what Boone needed to take third away from David Meyer in SSBBPA.
"Uh...he's nearly 9 tenths down total...so we need Boone to run a low nine, or Meyer's Northern Bel to slow to a high ten."
"We didn't jet it for that!" Darren laughed and shook his head.

IMG_20160916_173047.jpgIMG_20160916_173102.jpgIMG_20160916_173214.jpg14434850_10154694555708938_3733679970876168659_o.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines