Checkpoint #1 was the basketball arena on the campus of Bowling Green University. Apparently we arrived about two hours before an event of some type, so they gave us a back parking lot to stage our cars, work on them, cool them off, or just hang out. When we were ready to pull up and take our picture in front of the Falcon statue, they would allow one car at a time.
It sounds like a hassle, but it really worked out well and went very smooth. When I arrived, there were about ten cars in the back lot, and only one had the front end on jack stands, so everyone seemed to be doing well.

Rachael had chosen the Buffalo Wild Wings across the street as our destination for lunch/dinner/supper. Wouldn't have been my choice, but when you are the caboose you consider yourself lucky if they wait to order until you arrive!

"Finally", I declared, "Our first sit down meal of Drag Week 2016!"
Rachael shook her head, "No...we ate at Applebee's after registration Sunday night".
"We did? I can't remember that at all!"
"Your story is really going to suck this year if you've already forgot Sunday", Boone admonished me.
"No", Darren shook his head, "He'll just make up some funny lie about me as filler to make himself look great and everyone will believe him!"
"You should remember Applebee's", Dad interjected, "You were the one who paid!"
I pulled my wallet out and located the receipt in question, "Well...you're right, Pops! So I'm getting a double order of wings tonight because the big guy is eating free!"
"Thanks Dad!" Dale gave him a shot in the shoulder, "If you'd have kept your mouth shut we could have got him to pay again!"
The waitress came around to get our order, but little Billy had his head on his menu and was half asleep, so Dale ordered for him.
"What is wrong with that boy?" I asked after our orders were placed.
"He's a wimp", Boone explained, "I gave him the route instructions when we left the track, and he read the first line, then was snoring five miles later!"
Dale showed me a picture on his phone, "This is what he looked like when we pulled into The Stroh Center parking lot a while ago!"

14509325_558222854368229_235557049_n.jpg14543417_558222934368221_1502425923_n.jpgPART_1476906815436_IMG_20160913_183050.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines