Little more info on the Ev incident.Met Ev in 07 and traveled with him Michael Crow,and Larson, Houston Alford and James hughes.Last day Ev was winning his class and on his first pass on Friday he grenaded the tranny,driveshaft and 3rd member at 11:10 a.m.. lanes closed at Noon.He was leading his class and all the second place guy had to do was run a 12 second easy pass.He had a spare transmission but nothing else.He got towed back and we were all waiting there with tools,jackstands to see what we could do.Mike asked Ev what the driveshaft length was.Come to find out the one in Mikes 73 Cuda would fit.Under Mikes car I went.The rest of them started the tranny swap.As it came time to put in the 3rd member we found out it was going to need rebuilt so that was next.11:50 a.m. the swap was almost complete so I went to make my pass for the day.As I got to teh lanes Mr Second Place was just waiting to make his pass.He asked me if Ev was going to make it.Glad I had my helmet on as I told him"Doesnt look good."Made my pass and saw Ev heading to the lanes.I hauled butt back to the staging lanes and pulled up to Mr second place.As I did that Ev also pulled along side.The look on the guys face was priceless.Ev ran a high nine to secure the class win.
As for this year the car he had used to belong to a customer.It was a father and son project that unfortunately father and son had a falling out.The father sold it to Ev and wanted to see the car compete on DW.Evs first pass he had trans Brake issues.The second pass it was actually a broken water pump housing that caused him to get loose and into the wall. he did a heckuva a great job keeping it in his lane.Really sucked as He would have given Clark a run for his money.