We were all putting our dishes in the sink when my phone rang, it was Boone calling. We had a short conversation, then I briefed Dale and Rachael.
"He's showered and ready to leave his house, but he can't find his wallet. He went out to make sure he didn't leave it in the Coronet, but the door was open, and it appears someone rifled through all his stuff on the console and passenger's seat."
"I told you he lived in the ghetto!" Dale shook his head.
"Well, he can't imagine that he left it in the car, so he wants us to check around here...look in the truck, the shop, the Duster, otherwise he's going to stop at his bank on the way over here."

I walked out to his truck, and checked the cab out thoroughly, then I fired it up and tried to ease forward out of the mud. The yard had dried just enough to allow me to get the thing moving, and I pulled it around back so I could unload the Valiant.
I joined Dale in the shop, where he was searching for Boone's wallet on the shelves and in the Duster.
"The last time I saw it", Dale pointed to the roof of the Duster, where the AAR hood was now resting. "He left it up here on the hood."
I was leaning on the back of the car checking out the trunk area. They had a giant plastic fuel cell mounted as far forward in the trunk as possible, the outlets were plumbed with steel braided hose to a huge MagnaFuel ProStar 500 pump and filter, but nothing beyond that.
"The fuel system isn't plumbed yet?" I looked up at Dale.
"No...not wired either, fuel log/regulator up here in the front isn't fully plumbed yet...it's going to be a long day", he shook his head.
Rachael walked in with a big smile on her face, "I've got good news, and I've got bad news!"
"Out with it", I implored.
"I found Boone's wallet, but he left it out on the back of our trailer, so with this morning's rain, it's soaked through and through!"
"I'm sure he won't mind", I smiled at her as I pulled out my phone to call him.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines