When Boone and I returned from picking up the Duster at the muffler shop, the glass guy was already waiting in Dale's back yard. We rolled it off the trailer, and he started working on it immediately.

Dale had the Gremlin pushed back out of the shop, and we fired it up to break in the cam. I was looking at my phone to time how long the engine had been running when I got a text from Rachael that she was ready to be picked up at the airport in Tulsa. I stole Boone's Coronet to go retrieve her, and made Cody take over the duties as official time keeper on the 572's break-in procedure.

When Rachael and I pulled in Dale's back yard, the sun was fading from view fairly fast. They had already moved the Duster back in the shop, and the front end was back on the Gremlin. Just seeing the Gremlin in one piece, and the Duster with a windshield and all the front and rear window trim reinstalled, made me feel like we just might make it! Michelle had been installing the fan and shroud on the Duster radiator, but she passed those duties off to Boone, and turned to Dale.
"You promised me a ride in the Gremlin!"
"I did", he nodded his head, "and I do need to take it for a test drive and buy some gas, so we may as well cruise down to the station."
"You and Rachael need to grab some tools and help me", Boone suggested, never looking up from the radiator.
"Uh..actually I think we are going to load the Valiant on the truck and trailer that you just rolled the Duster off of, so it will be ready to go to Jim Sam's first thing in the morning for an alignment!"
"Good idea, but help me set this radiator in the car first, then I'll help you line the Valiant up on the ramps", Boone insisted.
Rachael tossed her hands in the air, and gave a disgusted grunt,"I'm standing right here, Boone!"
"Ok, you can help me put the radiator in...but girls don't guide cars onto trailers, that's a recipe for disaster!" Boone started laughing as Rachael gave him an elbow to the ribs.

100_1981.JPG14224776_1703093016680998_5991336776725762264_n.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines