Day 1, Monday 9/12 National Trail Raceway

We tend to sleep in a bit, and roll into the tracks a little later than everybody else, but that isn't an option on Monday. The driver's meeting is mandatory, and thirty minutes after that all the tow rigs and extra parts have to be in the impound area. I had fallen asleep hard, but not with a clear mind. I was worried about yet another sorting session with all our junk and I was concerned about the Belvedere in the motel parking lot.

My eyes were wide awake at 4:30 AM, and I knew rolling over and trying to fall back asleep would be a waste of time. I slept in a pair of shorts, so I just pulled on a t-shirt, and slipped into my shoes without socks to go check everything out. Our vehicles were unmolested, so I made my way back to the room, took a shower and dressed, took my bags to the car, grabbed some coffee in the lobby, and finally decided I had waited long enough to wake the others without a full scale mutiny!

We rolled into the track with about forty-five minutes to prepare before the driver's meeting. The pits were abuzz with activity, and I was amazed at how many cars were there that I hadn't even noticed the day before. Something to be said for getting some sleep, instead of walking around in a deprived stupor!

100_1996.JPG100_1992.JPG14449738_10210929352738683_6676853716384297646_n.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines