Originally Posted By cudadon
Originally Posted By MoparBilly
Originally Posted By cudadon
Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
I'm still wondering if there is going to be some follow up on the metal in the oil........or is that just "normal" for drag week.

Dwayne I was wondering if in a few more runs down the track we would get a look at what's inside the engine?
I would be "concerned" for sure!

"It's a Mopar", he laughed, "She's just making her own clearances!"

I don't know if you mean that's a characteristic of Mopars or not?!

Don

Don,
I doubt anyone could argue against the fact that Big Block Mopars have a tough bottom end, that can survive abuse. This quote from Boone however, has more to do with "gallows humor". Boone, Dale and I are not going to stop on Drag Week until the car won't move under it's own power, if that means parts get chewed up in the process, so be it. Darren...not so much. Which is why he has more DNFs than the rest of us combined. Hot Rod had a t-shirt which said, "finishing Drag Week is not a skill, it's an attitude"!

Originally Posted By squirrel
Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
Roughly what time was it when you rolled into the first check point? We changed a alternator there, and left around 9:30-10?

my picture of the candle has a time of 22:50 hours...not quite midnight, but not real far away either.

Yeah, ours have a time stamp of 10:50 or so...then by the time we left the station, we were onto I-70 at around 11:15.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines