We all had our official time slips and route sheets in hand and began to walk back to our pits. I glanced at the total of 237 miles and it hit me that I still wanted to stop by the ScottRods shop and checkout their fiberglass Willy's rollers. I had a hankering for a 33 Willy's Gasser, but had my doubts about whether a couple of 250+ lb men and a full cage would fit in one.
"Hey, ScottRods is only ten miles from the track, and we are going to get out of here at a decent time..."
Before I even finished the sentence, Dale and Boone had exchanged glances and started laughing at me.
"Their shop is ten miles from Summit Motorsports Park!" Dale shook his head, "we are in Martin Michigan, nowhere close!"
"Dang it! That was yesterday! I was so wiped out tired that I completely forgot! Why didn't one of you guys remind me?"
"That's why we laughed, yesterday we were afraid all day that you would still drag us over there, despite how bad everything was going, but you never mentioned it", Boone shook his head.
"So we kept telling each other not to bring it up, and sure enough you missed it and we were happy to dodge that bullet", Dale added.
"You dirty dogs! I really wanted to go, I called them the week before and everything!"
"To be honest", Boone shrugged his shoulders, "We wanted to do it also, but we were too far behind to risk it."

When we returned to our cars, cudadon and his buddy were there to greet us, and we had a nice bench racing session. Anytime I think of Don, I picture a wheels-up blue notchback barracuda, and it was good to put a face and voice with all the posts over the years.

2nd pic: TRUNK MONKEYS! In their natural habitat...

100_2037 - Copy.JPG100_2029.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines