Almost as soon as our orders were placed, Rachael, Dale and Boone started looking up the results for the first two days on their phones.
"Where are Dale and I in Modified Power Adder?"
"Um, Dale is 10th, and you are 13th", Rachael stated while she scrolled up and down the list, "out of 19 cars in the class".
"Wow...that's a kick in the teeth! What about Boone, in SSBBPA", I inquired.
"He's 7th out of 9 cars right now", Dale jumped in, "and he's 3rd out of the four Mopars in the class".
"David Meyer in Northern Bel went 10.50 to Boone's 10.68 yesterday, so what did it run today?"
"Well, Boone improved to a 10.13 and the TT 528 Hemi improved to a 10.10, so you still haven't caught that 4900lb beast", Dale answered.
"Is that what it weighs?" Boone shook his head, "the Ruster Duster scaled 3250 after my pass today".
"Not bad. The Valiant was 3090 today!"
Dale looked over at me, "You got rid of the steel hood, the latch mechanism, the hood hinges, drilled holes in the radiator support, and only lost fifty-five pounds?"
"Yeah, 3145 last year, but I ran NA, so now there is a bottle in the car, and the driver is probably ten pounds heavier...hopefully twenty if those wings ever get here!"
"So, which Mopar is ahead of those two in that class?" Dad asked, clearly not interested in our discussion about car weights.
"Not just our class, the quickest Mopar period right now is Rick Trunkett in that green 72 Duster, 8.87 and 8.83 so far", Boone explained.
"Why is he in Big Block", Darren shrugged, "I thought it was a small block with a single turbo?"
"He's over the cubic inch limit, I'm pretty sure it's an R-3 block, 440 inches", Dale answered.
"But...what about Faraone in Unlimited...with the Aussie Charger?" Dad asked with a shrug, "pretty sure he's quicker than eight-eighties".
"He's really struggled so far", Boone explained, "8.76-182 on Monday, but only 9.59 at 87 today!"
"Wow, how does one just misplace 95 mph from one day to the next?" Darren started laughing at his own joke before he could get out anything else.

100_2022 - Copy.JPG14448837_10210929469901612_45621665922701411_n.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines