I took my shower then called Boone to see where they were at. They had just left Logansport, so I gave them the exit number for the motel and went to bed with the phone near my head.
I'm not sure if Boone's call woke me, or if it was the rumbling of the Gremlin entering the parking lot. I pulled on a t-shirt, and went to open the door at the end of the building to let them in, so they wouldn't have to walk around to the lobby.
"It was nice of Rachael to leave the lights of the Belvedere on for us to find our way in here", Boone shook his head as he entered the door.
"You're kidding!"
"Nope", Dale laughed, and set down his first armload just inside the door, "we were trying to figure out which parking lot went to this motel, and there was the Belvedere with it's lights on!"
He headed back out to the Gremlin, so I looked back at Boone and shrugged, "What took you guys so long?"
"Dale lost a bolt out of his ladder bar, so we spent some time at a gas station repairing that. Other than that it was a pretty smooth trip".
I gave Dale and Billy the spare key card to Dad's room, then Boone and I returned to ours. I fell asleep almost as soon as he started his shower.

2nd pic: Duster oil change residue, next morning...

IMG_20160915_005251.jpgIMG_20160915_124512.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines