The extended cab Silverado with the ladder rack, was still in the pits, and parked beside him was the 98 Firebird that he was racing when the engine let go. I noticed earlier that the Pontiac had stopped at the end of the track when the truck was having trouble, but I didn't know if they were acquainted before Drag Week or not. Fast friendships and alliances form during the week based on like interests and sometimes necessity. There were four guys working on the truck, and two women sitting in lawn chairs. I was shocked when I got closer to realize the engine was stripped down and they were changing out a couple of pistons and rods!

Next, I checked out a SBC powered Fox which had made the last pass of the day. It had spent most of the day with the front on jack stands while they worked underneath it. It was in that position again, but the lone person working under it was sound asleep.

Joe Bouska's 7 sec nitroused 638 powered 67 Camaro was pushed into the trailer. He had a nitrous backfire on his first pass right at the hit, then had ran a mid nine second motor only run to stay in, but had decided to call it quits...word was they only had one good run on the combo before showing up Sunday.

2016-Drag-Week-Lightweight-1967-Camaro20160911_4284.jpg002-2016-Drag-Week-Lightweight-1967-Camaro20160911_4280.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines