The 67 Belvedere
The Belvedere wasn't making the trip to Hot Rod Drag Week 2016, period, exclamation point. The 2015 results had pretty much closed the door on a no-bar car qualifying for the quick 32 in Street Machine eliminator, and Skippy had asked Rachael to marry him on New Year's eve, so if she wanted to make the trip again, he could pay for it.

I hadn't touched it at all since pushing it off the trailer and into the carport following Drag Week 2015. I didn't feel comfortable replacing the drive shaft without checking out the 727, and the poor 440 is very tired...it pushes oil out of every orifice when the nitrous is applied!

Then, the grumblings started from Oklahoma about the first of August, "There's no way we are going to have enough cars running to fill all four of these entries, so you better get the old girl ready for one more circuit!" I could read between the lines though, what they really meant was, "without the Barnyard pulling a trailer, we need a dependable drag week mule"!

At around that same time Rachael informed me that she was definitely going, she had the vacation scheduled and she had a plane ticket to Tulsa on Thursday night of hell week.
"The Belvedere will only be entered if one of the other guys drop out", I explained to her.
"I don't care, I'll be a trunk monkey then, but I'm going!"

14379639_10154596229732112_644692425990414005_o.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines