James and I put the Valiant on four jack stands, and we removed the front tires as well. I was switching back to a new pair of 165/80s on the front to replace the 185/60s that had been pressed into duty last year. We adjusted the diagonal link, and amazingly the 9" looked like it was straight in the car again.
Boone gathered up all my rubber, along with a few of his and Dale's, and headed out for Robertson Tire in Owasso. This trip to our favorite tire store seems to be a rite of passage for every Drag Week.

I spent the time waiting for Boone to return by unloading all the stuff out of the Valiant, Belvedere, and 1 Ton that I had hastily tossed in before the trip to Oklahoma. I sorted through it with importance placed on the tools and supplies needed to do repairs to the cars this week, then I would have to sort through all of it again to pack it away for the trip to Ohio. It's an arduous task which could be much easier if I possessed even rudimentary planning and organization skills.

Will and Michelle bolted the tires and wheels back on the Valiant as the last remaining light from the sky was fading away.
"We really can't do much for Dale in the shop, he's down to small stuff on the engine, and all we were doing is trying to keep him awake!" Will explained.
It was obvious that James, Will and Michelle were ready to call it a day, so Boone hastily hooked up to a trailer and coerced them into assisting us with loading the Duster before they left.

I stretched out on my trailer and put my head in my arms as Boone tied down the Duster.
"You about done?" He asked.
"Yeah, now that it's quiet, dark, and everyone is gone, I'm really feeling it!"
"Are you going to sleep here or at my house?"
"I'll go to your place", I explained, "Dale appears to have a full house right now, so I don't want to put him out."
"You're gonna have to suck it up then", Boone chuckled, "because we have to get in that shop and keep Dale moving on the Gremlin!"
"I'll sit in a chair and talk, while you help him put it together. Will that work?"
"I would expect nothing less from you!" He laughed again.

100_1977.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines