For the first time, I actually paid attention to the driving route supplied to us by the Drag Week staff. "Two hundred and thirty-five miles, looks like quite a drive. Rachael punch in National Trail to Summit Motorsports Park and see how far it is straight through."
"They are ninety-four miles apart!" She laughed as she looked up from her phone.
"People are already posting on the Drag Weekers facebook site that there is one road that is completely blocked, and the detour adds even more miles. There are also pictures of guys following horse drawn buggies down a narrow two lane."
"Wow, this could get very interesting", I shook my head.

We noticed Monte was helping the Schroeder brothers get everything loaded up in their huge trailer, so we walked over for a visit. Usually Drag Week is so hectic that there is barely a moment to wave and say hi, so it was nice to take the time for a proper bench racing session.

As the afternoon goes by, these hours become like musical chairs in reverse. The guys who fire their machines up and drive out of the facility are the lucky ones. The ones still left on the grounds look at each other and wonder, "Are they going to make it out of here or are they going to make the walk of shame to the impound to get their truck and trailer?"

100_2010.JPGPART_1476577353855_IMG_20160912_164911.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines