Crazy as it sounds, Late June to early July is typically when the Gebhart Brothers tend to look around and say, "How many spots did we sign up for Drag Week!"
That's when I saw the pictures of the 24 Dodge on Dale's face book page.
"Boone traded his 75 Scamp, and some parts for it", was the answer I got from Dale. I knew as soon as I heard the news, the Dart project for Drag Week was dead...and I had just ordered a set of Hooker fender-well exit headers for him!

Boone has always talked about a 30's Mopar coupe, and this was going to change his focus completely. He called me a week later, "Hey..um...I sold the Dart."
"You what?"
"Yeah, I flipped it, just the way I got it from you."
"You kept the parts, what are you going to do with all the BB-A-body specific stuff?"
"I think Dale and I are going to put his old Duster together for little Billy".
"Why would you get involved with that!" I was exasperated.
"Dale is motivated...he's going to buy all the stuff from me, and all the parts to finish it, I'll just be supplying my motor, and help, then I'll have a ride for DW16!"
"That thing's an absolute pile! Did you make a profit on the Dart?"
He told me how much...It shouldn't bother me but it does, I always trade the stuff I have to my little brothers for exactly what I have in it, and they constantly turn the stuff and pad their pockets.
"You know that 24 is a two or three year project, maybe more right?"
"I know...but this is the one!!"
"For Dale and I's sake, I hope you're right!"

13502013_518890618301453_4323224954915784828_n.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines