We rolled into Lucas Oil Raceway a little after Ten AM, found a pit spot with plenty of room to spare, just off the main entrance where Boone and Dale could easily find us and began unloading our stuff onto the ground. Nearly as soon as we started, I heard Brian Lohnes' voice rise perceptively as he announced that Jay Meagher's 2JZ powered 97 Toyota Supra was on fire and sliding in it's own oil just past the finish line. A quick chute deployment and great driving kept the dark green, seven second, small tire monster off the wall, but the oil trail started at about the 1000 foot mark and extended all the way to about five feet from the sand trap.
We had both cars unloaded, and the pipes off the Valiant by the time Boone and Dale showed up.
"It's awfully quiet", Boone commented.
"One of the Supras oiled the track, pretty bad", I explained.
"They were still in the first session?" Dale shook his head, as he grabbed my floor jack and began dragging it over to the Gremlin.
"Yeah, from what I've been told, they already extended it once, and were about fifteen minutes away from calling the Street Machine Eliminator cars up, when it happened."

100_2004.JPGSupra.jpgSupra 2.jpg100_2060 - Copy.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines