ksj,
Darren has threatened to sue me for libel on more than one occasion! When I told him I was thinking about doing a book, he gave me his lawyer's name and number. I think he was just joking...maybe?

Friday
I awoke to the sound of tree limbs rustling outside, and the rumbling of an impending thunderstorm. Rachael and I left without waking Boone, and arrived at Jim Sam's shop thirty minutes before he opened. He takes in alignment work on a first come first served basis, and three years ago when I was in this exact same situation, it took half a day to get the Valiant on the rack. I figured the best way to avoid that was to get there first. We almost had the Valiant off the trailer when the clouds opened up and it started raining.
Jim waved us over and then explained that it would take a few minutes to get all the cars out of the shop before he could take us in.
"It's a mini mopar car show coming out of there!" Rachael exclaimed as Jim carefully backed out a Challenger, a Charger, and a convertible Dart GTS, among others.

"The back eccentrics on the uppers slipped", Jim pointed out as he had the Valiant on the rack. "That's why she's towed out so bad, but everything else is tight."
"Yeah, had some high wheel stands." I explained. What about the rear? We tried to correct the alignment on it."
"Looks like it's straight in the car, but it's toed in a little on the passenger's side, so I'd say the housing is bent a little!" Jim commented as he spun the wrenches to make the necessary adjustments on the front. He had me out in less than an hour and refused any payment.

We had the Valiant back on the trailer when I got a call from Drive Shafts Inc. that the Belvedere shaft was ready to pick up.
"I'm going to have to break drive shafts more often!" Rachael exclaimed when the young man brought out our new drive shaft. He smiled and blushed, then gave us our bill.

"What was that about", I asked Rachael when we got outside.
"Did you see his arms when he carried that thing out? He was smoking hot! Then when he bent over! What a butt!"
"Oh good grief!" You're engaged and pregnant", I admonished her.
"Well, I'm certainly not blind! I can still admire", she laughed and blushed as she climbed in the truck.

100_1980 - Copy.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines