Quote:

but i do understand the fact that the EM builders basically got their feelings hurt by the unnessacary comments by hughs . well in all honesty i could really care less what happened or what was said by who(m) it doesnt effect me in the least bit .
that being said

mcat , feelings hurt , hardly .

what me is the fact that the only thing that is correct in that load of crap is money was tight thruout the whole process , everything else is his own little spin to make himself look good .

some people find it easier to make themselves look good by trying to make someone else look bad .

i hid nothing from him and told him exactly what we did and why we did it .

the first cam failed , with all the cam failures coming out we had no idea if it was the cam , the block , the sun aligned with the moon in retrograde , nothing . the cams were sold to me at half price so lets see if it was the cam or the block , besides this engine was in the middle of nowhere , literally , and i envisioned we were finished so what the heck . thank the lord jesse had let us use his schubecks for the testing .

cam number 2 went away on the same lobes , its the block , now what ??? we still had no data and needed to get new cams . we took the chance and did a pull , nothing failed and the engine was making 650hp eating the cam , gave us info we needed and in that time jesse had found someone within 150 miles of nowhere who was willing to drop everything and fix the block as soon as it arrived .

i called dave , gave him the bad news , told him it was because of me that it failed and that we had an idea what we needed for a cam but could i get 2 more of the same cams overnight as the engine was being repaired and would be back together in 2 days . he agreed and also agreed not to charge me for the cams upfront as i may not need one and was going to send it back .... guess what , he charged me for them anyway . no big deal .

i spoke with dave on friday night , the engine was back together on thrursday night and running , gave him some preliminary numbers , he needed more , he got that info also and was supposed to call jesse on saturday afternoon to get a bit more info so he could grind a cam on monday and get it to me so i could put it in at the dyno i rented the day before the competion ... HE NEVER CALLED , I GOT NO CUSTOM CAM WHICH I HAD TO PAY FOR IF I DID . dave gave me nothing but a price break , nothing was free .

the agreement was if i got his companies name in PHR that he would refund any money i spent , which was about 500 bucks . i now don't care about the money and may break in pieces 3 perfectly good cams and return them .

someone made mention of buying rockers from hughes , check around , like many of his products , its just a repackaged part from someone else , you should be able to find them , cheaper .

running up my post count some more .