Quote:

Quote:

The guys worked very hard on this motor, he fails to mention that there are some very knowlagable people on this board, DRAM, Hakim, and yea some hobbyists,

No offense but what has Hakim ever shown that he knows? there is a huge list of people who do know a lot and he might be on that list but it would be down a ways,anyway,I didn't post to blast Hakim,really at first I thought his name was listed as part of the EM and I was already seeing red

Anyone that has been here a while should know how I feel about Dave,I called and talked to his boy Chris,had a list of parts I already said I would buy and then I spoke with Dave,he was a huge ass,so much so that I ended up calling Eric at Muscle Motors and ordered my parts.

I will say this,I really enjoyed this thread,I have been blasted many times over the years for blasting Dave,now it seems as if MANY of you have had a chance to see the REAL Dave Hughes and I LOVE it.

Brian_WO, well put! I can remember several posts where you had voiced your opinion of Hughes and were slammed for it. Me, personally, never had any experience with him, and now I know I never will. Even though I made but a small contribution to the EngineMasters project, he will never see any money from me!

Quote:

That's just incredibly stupid.

For a company who based it's first line parts on someone else's camshafts (Engle) put into in a different package, Hughes sure is full of himself.

I'm happy with the custom Comp cam from fast68plymouth/Porter Racing Heads.

Well, I had a buddy or two recommend a few cams from Hughes for the 340 I am rebuilding this winter, but I wound up going with a Comp Cams that I purchased from Dwayne Porter @ Porter Racing Heads (fast68plymouth) -- I like the looks of the profile, and Dwayne was VERY helpful in chosing a grind for me, he gave me a few options that would all work for my combination, then he helped me pick the one best suited for my driving needs.

Quote:

The last I checked, the Enginemasters statements were that when running one of these cams, be sure to check the lifter bores and that it WAS a lesson learned in the end. I wonder how many people out there have one of these oversized lifter bore blocks that are running just fine with another cam.

So, to make Mr. Hughes happy, I will say it in front of all the people right here.. DO NOT BUY one of his cams unless you have had the lifter bores checked and/or resized and bushed But this ofcourse, is from an uN-professional, pea-on "hobbiest", so what would I know?

Gary, I guess you wouldn't know, just like I dont know that I will never buy from Hughes based on his "holier-than-thou" attitude he so courteously displayed. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits

Pete
-1968 Barracuda 4spd 383-6pk