We decided Darryl would lead us to the motel in his rig, and the rest of us would load up in the Belvedere and Satellite. So we started towards that goal by securing all the tools and spare parts in Dale's trailer, and loading all the luggage in the cars. Dale decided to load the Gremlin in the back of the enclosed trailer, and we left Boone's Truck beside the trailer. We had most of this done, when I realized I hadn't seen Rachael in a while, I finally found her in the lounge of the Kodiak passed out asleep.
Once she was up, she went straight to the Belvedere, and jumped behind the wheel, Dale and James jumped in with her and they were ready to roll. Boone was about to join me in the Satellite, when he hollered at Dad, "You coming with us?"
"No! I've got to stay here and help Darren finish this Charger!" Dad retorted.
"We'll finish that stuff in the morning!"
"No...you guys promised him if he just loaded it, that you would help him when we got here, now you just want to forget about him!"
I wasn't about to stand around and argue this point, "We've got no more left to give, Dad, everyone is at the end of their rope, and we're leaving!"
We fired up the Satellite, and Darryl headed out the gate with us in tow.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines