The second week of April saw progress on the rotating assembly, Dale had received a phone call from Rod at BPE, and they had agreed on a price, and the parameters of the kit. "He says the pistons are built to order, about 3 weeks" Dale reported to me.

I had an initial E-mail response to my inquiry to Bryce about the Air Wolfs, and I simply replied to that E-mail what I was looking for, as far as CC's and Valve springs.
Then, just like with Dan at Performance Only..nothing back! I was beginning to wonder if my E-mail replies were even getting through!

April 13th was the spring version of the bi-annual "Cruise on Central", So Darryl jumped in his 70 Challenger convertible, and I took the Belvedere, instead of riding shotgun with him as I typically do at this event. We cruised up and down once, parked in the bank parking lot, walked over to Mickey D's to look at the cars, and grab a bite to eat, then pulled out the lawn chairs to sit on the curb and watch everyone drive by. Shortly the curb, was filling up with on-lookers, and a couple walked up with their lawn chairs. I could tell by where the lady put hers, that if her husband sat beside her, he was practically going to be in my lap! Sure enough, that was the plan, I nudged Darryl over for a little more room, and we made it work, it was a perfect night, and we were surrounded by cool cars, and people who really appreciated them, so it certainly was no big deal. 30 minutes later a 4 door 61 Valiant cruised by, and everyone starts with the usual comments about how ugly those cars are. I boom out from my chair, "EASY FELLAS, I've got one of those that runs 11's, and you are hurting my feelings!" Amid the laughter, the guy who had sat right beside me spun in his chair to look at me, "You must be MoparBilly! I've read your stories on Moparts, I'm 6pak2go on there!
Darryl just rolled his eyes at me and interjected, "I can't take you anywhere!" We had a great conversation, that eventually led to machinists in the valley, and I explained that I took anything serious to Brian at IMM, even though it was in Indio. That made me feel a little less guilty about the fact that I was trying to avoid those trips to Indio for this little project. I love Brian, but he's way too good at talking me into spending money on quality parts and procedures! Like I said, my decisions may be flawed!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines