Despite the nervousness and anticipation of the impending trip, I managed to get a full 8 hours of sleep. Truth was, all the effort to finish up in the unseasonably hot and humid Oklahoma weather was wearing me down to the point that sleep came very easy. By the time I had a shower and made my way to the breakfast table, Dad, Mom, and Dale's Wife were already there.
"What time did everyone knock off?" I questioned as I grabbed a cup of coffee.
"I think Dale said Boone left at 3AM", Jacque spoke up, "Dale and James went to bed at 6:30...and Darren is still out there!"
"Wow, I guess it's crunch time now, finally a little sense of urgency around here!" I laughed, but no one laughed with me. "Dad, you and I are going to have to go get Dale's truck and trailer ready, and get it over here. These guys are going to work on their cars until they are finished before they ever think about how to get them to Bowling Green."
"Figured they'd just drive 'em to Bowling Green, they're street cars, right?" Dad's joke went over with about the same affect as mine.
Dad and I headed out to my 1 ton after breakfast, and I mentioned to him, "You know Dad, Darren can't even find the keys to Dale's Kodiak. He's spent several days looking for them, with no luck, so we'll have to get Jamie to help us dig for them when we get over there."
"Well", he had a surprised look on his face, "I grabbed some stuff out of the car trailer several weeks back, and then I found a set of keys in my truck that I have no idea what they go to...maybe I should bring them with us."
"Yeah, maybe", I agreed, and he shuffled back in the house. "This day is not going to end well!" I mused to myself as I surveyed the back yard through the windshield.
Darren was draped over the fender of the Charger, and only the faint movement of one arm led me to believe he might be conscious.

7876823-100_0890.jpg (169 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines