Late on Apr 2nd. I shot the following reply back to Dan at Performance Only, "Dan, deck height is 9.60, 66CC head, looking for about 11 to 1. Drive on pump gas, race on race gas, drag week deal".

On Apr 3rd, I listed the W-5 stuff on Moparts in the race parts for sale section for 1500 obo. With a very brief description, and 1 grainy picture. I've seen similar packages listed in the 2500-3500 range, but I just want to move on, and offset some of the cost of the build to stay under the wife's radar!

"Family Accounting"

With a Dad, and 4 boys all involved in the Mopar hobby, things have always been traded and bartered around, and after 30 years of this you learn that certain members of the group lean on the family aspect more than others! Take Dale, the youngest, for instance. He's a brilliant mechanical mind, great wrench and will help anybody at the drop of a hat. He's also the wheeler-dealer of the group, always looking to score that next great part, or car, that's just out of his reach. So, a couple of years ago, he found a 70 Roadrunner he just had to have, and it was at a great price. Problem was, he needed cash fast to close the deal, and he didn't have any. So he called big brother in a dealing mood. At the time, I didn't think Boone would let go of the Belvedere, and I wanted a nice No-bar street car, so I went on a personal shopping spree through his cars and parts! Red 69 Dart, roller...yeah, I'll take that. High mileage cast crank 416 with hyper pistons and eddie heads, and a flattened cam, yeah, I'll take that but you have to rebuild it first. That cool 340 6 pack setup you got on a recent deal, yeah throw that in too! Big hole disc front end from a 74 duster, and a big hole 8 3/4, sure.
Of course, once he got the money, setting a timetable for completion of the car became a bit problematic! But, Dale is always trying for the next big deal, so I knew he'd be back to the table wanting something again! The latest was atoetly's aluminum world blocked, S/R headed stroker! Dale had been suffering from engine envy ever since I ended up with the aluminum Indy maxx low deck from Darryl, it was just killing him!

I had told him, after I landed the Belvedere, that if he got the chance to move the Dart stuff and recoup my money, that would be fine with me. I also knew the chance of me seeing said money, other than a line on a piece of paper under the heading IOU, would be quite slim! In March he landed a buyer for the Dart roller, and closed the deal right at the first of April. We talk almost every day, bouncing ideas of each other and such, so he knew where I was headed with the smallblock stuff, and I knew he needed a large chunk of that Dart money to close the deal on the engine he wanted!

He asked me several times, "Do you want me to pull the Edelbrock RPM's off this engine, and ship them to Jeff at Modern, or Brian at IMM?" I had refused each time, not because I didn't think that was a viable option, but I figured if I busted up that engine, he wouldn't live up to the promised re-build!

On April 4th I sent a message to Bryce Mulvey, enquiring about the AirWolfs set up for my cam. I also sent Dale links to the 430 build and the Air wolf thread.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines