When Rachael returned with the Satellite, I decided it was time for me to get organized and ready to leave. I figured with my rig ready to go, and all loose ends tied up, I could better concentrate on what help I could lend to the brothers' cause.
I went through the 1 ton, sorting out what was staying in OK and what was making the trip. Next, I loaded the Satellite, then the Belvedere on the trailer. Finally I sorted through all my tools, spare parts, and belongings and loaded them into the cars and truck. I stopped short of hooking the truck to the trailer, since I still might have to run some errands in it.

Boone had brought the remaining Holstein cowhide print material he had used for the seat covers over, and had coerced Mom and Rachael into covering the door panel inserts and the headliner in it.

At some point around 11:30 AM, Dad had received a call from Darren that he had overslept until 11 and was late for work. Several hours later we learned that he had decided not to go in at all, but he still hadn't made it over to work on the car. When I grilled Dad on it, he commented that Darren was at his place getting all the other parts ready to put on the car...All while Dad and Dale were working on the rear springs, and modifying the traction bars to fit!

7869376-100_0884.jpg (105 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines