Next up, Boone delegated the remaining painting to Mom, and Rachael. He handed them 3 rattle cans of satin white to finish off the door, and then 2 rattle cans Cobalt Blue Metallic and the stencils he had made up, to put the name, cubic inch call-outs, and class designation on with. "Don't worry about exact measurements", he implored them, "Just put it on there and spray it." I guess the best way to emulate a backyard built Gasser of the 60's, is to build it in the same fashion, with family and friends doing the work that should be left to professionals!
Dale's new balancer showed up via Fed-ex around 1pm, so at that time he really began to re-assemble the Gremlin in earnest. At 4 pm, we stole Rachael away to take Dad and I back to pick up the 1 ton, and the Satellite at the tire shop.
When we returned from there, Darren's truck was parked behind Dale's house. Dad used to try and hide the fact that Darren was his favorite, but as he approaches 70, it's much more blatant than ever before. "What do you need, Son?" he asked as soon as he pulled up.
"I need to use Dale's truck, and a trailer to bring my car over here...they've been saying If I'd bring it over here they'd help me, so I guess that's what I need to do!"
Dad sprung into action, and in a matter of minutes, the two of them headed out in Dale's truck, to pick up the Charger.
I was mad enough to chew nails. Boone and Dale spent 24 hours straight last year to get the Charger done, after they had given up on their cars. Now, with 1.5 days left, and both of them under the gun, he expected them to do it again?
Once the Charger arrived, Dale pushed the Gremlin off the concrete pad, and allowed Darren to put it in that place, so now it was not only forcing Dale to work on his car in the grass, at his house, but it had the BarnYard blocked in the garage. I just shook my head in amazement. To my way of thinking, EVERYONE's chance of making it, just took a step back...

7866210-100_0879.jpg (117 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines