The third week of April, I had what appeared to be a serious offer on the W-5 stuff, the buyer offered 1300 shipped to him, pay by paypal. I figured by the time I lose the 3%, and ship them...geez, I might end up with 1150! But oh well, I was ready to move on. In his last correspondence however, he had questioned the pic I had sent him of the chambers. "Those look like open chambers, I thought all W-5's had heart shaped, closed chambers?".
I pulled them out of the box, for a thorough investigation. No doubt about the open chambers...odd. I also found a small logo cut into the front of the head that said "Batten Heads"?? WTH?
A google search yielded "Batten Aluminum W-2s". Ok, my SB ignorance is really beginning to show! Ryan J's site has pics, with the caption, "All batten W2s were open chamber heads." Ok..so I don't have a W-5 top end to sale, apparently! I had no more energy to put into this, so I boxed them up and put them back on the shelf...someday I'll figure out if they are worth selling or using. Then again, someday my "spare parts" and I will probably be the subject of a Hoarders episode!

On April 16th, I fired off another E-mail to Bryce at Dr. J's Performance, about the AirWolfs, as well as an attempted phone call, to no avail.

Dale had overnighted the money to Rod at Bloomer Performance on Monday, but didn't receive a call until Friday, when Rod stated, he had the money, and he wanted to double check on what our kit was supposed to be, so he could order the pistons. So, apparently the "3 Weeks" started on the 19th, not the 8th, when we thought we had this all set up. I chalked this up to my ignorance about how things work in the Small block Mopar world as well!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines