My son called me at 11:15 Am, "You got your E-mail at 11:00"!
Great, that meant it would open to everyone at 5pm, and I wouldn't be home until 5:30... I'm probably overreacting, "Calm down, you'll make it" I assured myself.

At 1pm I had a trailer delivery that would give me the option of getting by the house If I needed to, so I called and had the boy check out Bangshift.com to see how many people were registered already. "80 or so by the looks of things", he replied. Sheez, 80 in 2 hours, I was going by the house!
I hit the front door at 2:30, and booted my wife off the kitchen PC, and promptly entered the Valiant. Entry #157! Entered Boone's truck as he gave me his info over the phone, #164, Entered the Belvedere as fast as I could type, #174!
I headed off to finish my workday feeling almost as good as I used to feel after those "Nooners" in college!!

Dale called an hour later, "Why didn't you enter me", he queried. "Figured you didn't want to tow all the way to Bowling Green!" "Well, I'm in, #186.
When I finally got home from work, Boone called to let me know that Darren had entered, and was #228, only 22 entries left!
I decided to call Darryl, and he was feigning disinterest. "Ah, I'll wait 'til tomorrow."
"It's gonna fill up in the next 30 minutes, get on there!"
"The link in my e-mail won't work"
He was stalling for time, I could see right through that. "Just copy and paste it into the address bar!"
I badgered him through the entire process until he finally, reluctantly, pushed the enter button, and was rewarded with entry #249, one to spare!
So 6 mopars entered, only 1 actually capable of moving under it's own power...here we go!

...then, 14 hours later, the Saltines met their untimely end. Was it the pistons? The sixpack tunnel ram? The entry fees? Or a cumulative effect of the whole thing? I may never know!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines