Friday, the 6th was a whirlwind of activity from the very start. My alarm clock was the roar of an un-muffled 440 as Dale loaded the Gremlin for a trip to B&M Muffler in Owasso. The same shop that had finished off Darren's exhaust on the Charger at the last minute last year, and had just finished up the under-truck portion on the Barnyard Viper. By the time I had my shower, ate breakfast, and made my way outside, Dale had already returned and was wiring the Gremlin front clip.

"Is he going to take care of it?" I asked.
"Well", Dale paused, "I reminded him that he said the 4" stuff was available, and he could do it, he agreed to that, but wasn't happy he was only given 6 hours to make it happen!"
"You told him it had to be done today, right?"
"Yeah, he told me to come back for it at 5pm, he also asked how the 'Celebrity Truck' was doing", Dale laughed. "Said he's never had a vehicle in his shop that had that many admirers stopping by to look at it!"

Terry walked around the corner on his way towards the D-100, "We didn't run you off already?" I joked.
"Naw, I figure I've got another day of this left in me", he smiled. "Boone hasn't made it in yet?"
"We were out here until about 3:30AM, and then he's 22 miles to his new place in Tulsa, so I wouldn't expect him too early!" Dale interjected.
I pointed at the Charger. "Darren knocked off about 2:30 AM", Dale added.

Dad came out and started on the Charger, and I helped him get it up on jack stands under the body. He had the tires off of it, and replaced the wheel cylinder pretty quickly. It wasn't until he started on the springs that Boone showed up, almost exactly at the same time as one of Dale's buddies, Michael, and a 10AM Powwow began to plan out the rest of the day.

7869298-100_0880.jpg (99 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines