Darren was re-assembling the front bumper and grilles of the 73 Charger, while Rachael, Darryl, and I were carefully helping each other apply the Drag Week windshield banners on each car. Dale finally finished up the Gremlin, and then had moved on to help Boone with the Truck. One of the tech guys had pointed out that the #1 plug wire was hanging loose on the Barnyard, so apparently Dale had never put the 10.8 wire back on the plug after setting the timing at the house. This led to excessive pinging on Boone's test drive, and Dale had just backed it off. Now they decided to re-time it for the race fuel it would see Monday morning.

Boone was behind the wheel, apparently waiting for Dale to tell him when to fire it up, when Darryl walked over and told me to grab my camera. I snuck over for a peek, and Boone was completely out on the wheel! I came back with the camera and went for this tricky shot which I didn't pull off quite as well as I liked. I tried to get a closer shot but he jerked awake, "Hey, what are you doing!" he complained, "I was just out for a second!"
"Yeah, is that why you have a permanent wheel mark on your forehead?" I laughed.

7882244-100_0897-Copy.jpg (105 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines