Quote:

So with Darryl's count down clock ticking which car are you taking to dragweek this year?

Wow,
So I wax philosophical for 9 paragraphs about getting rid of a car I've had for 15 years, and good ole Rod hones it down to the fine point of the situation in a 16 word sentence!! Tough crowd!
The 67 Belvedere is going, with my daughter on board, and possibly my Wife as well. My choice may already be made as I continue to wait on small block parts to arrive for the Valiant. The 66 Satellite is nearly a mirror to the Belvedere mechanically, and both cars could use the same types of upgrades to improve their performance so it's arrival will certainly give me a viable back up plan.

The Truck
After I left Oklahoma, the brother's decided the engine mounts were the wrong ones (they've been in there since I converted it to a BB in 1991). The right ones moved the engine back another inch or so which required removal of the hood centering piece welded on the firewall to clear the tunnel ram, modification to the homemade tranny mount (they never did find the original one that was in the truck prior to last year), and shortening the driveshaft! One step forward, 2 steps back. This weekend Boone welded up the gas tank hole, and the antenna hole, and cleaned up the bed bars for final assembly. Dale worked on mounting the radiator, and getting the front of the engine all lined out.
My phone call to Boone went something like this, "Are you making progress?"
"Yeah, but Dale keeps running off on me, one minute he's helping Cody or one of his friends work on something, or he sneaks in the house to watch TV, or get something to eat. He just doesn't realize that we are already out of time!"

7744776-Dragweek7.jpg (86 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines