Late January, I had received 2 50 off 250 coupons from Summit, as I have two different account numbers...so I had to use them right? You'd think it would take some work to put together 2 250 dollar orders, but really it's just as easy as making the Wife mad at me! Or possibly, the boxes showing up at the front door from the former, result in the latter...I do believe there may be a connection somehow.
A set of Cometic head gaskets for the Stealths, new bathtub for the 440, VC studs and gaskets, Lucas oil, couple sets of NGK's, huge tranny cooler for the Belvedere, deep cast aluminum pan for the Belvedere, A TF3 kit since Dad lost my valve body, it adds up quick. Then near the end of February, I noticed that everyone seemed to be clearing out a certain set of Diamond pistons, and I began to understand why. The common 4.15 stroke piston for a 440 is for the 6.76 rod since most of those cranks are mopar pin. this piston works fine with 4.25 stroke chevy pin combos, because everyone just uses the 6.700 chevy rod. Someone at Diamond felt there was a need for a shelf piston, 4.25 stroke for the 6.76 rod, but chevy pin 6.76 rods aren't that common. Fortunately for me, I have a nice set of Manley 2.200, 6.76, .990 rods on the shelf from a previous deal, and visions of a 512 under those Stealths started to take shape! Problem was, I used the wife's Ebay and Paypal account to purchase them...this coming just after the Summit boxes had arrived, she was not amused and had no qualms in letting me know about it!!

I hatched a new plan, it was time for my own Ebay and paypal account! Then, it happened. You all have a Mopar Bucket list right? That car you've always wanted, or that famous part that you've always missed by a day or a dollar?

Well, for me a 67 GTX is probably never going to happen, the Belvedere will just have to work, but another coveted part has always been a Weiand Six Pack Tunnel Ram, and wouldn't you know it, hours after opening my account, there one is, and no-one is bidding on it!
Long story short, 6 days later, the intake, a set of manual secondary carbs, and a GSS breather are on their way to the compound! In hindsight, the arrival of these parts just 10 days after the pistons...probably not one of my smartest moves! It paled in comparison to 4 days later, when I left my Ebay account open on the PC, and she came home and saw what I paid for those parts! She even printed off a copy to stick in my face, or send to her lawyer, I'm not sure which!

7668715-100_0679.jpg (188 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines