Wednesday afternoon trudged on, and the brake lines eventually ended up mated to the master cylinder, albeit not without drama. It seems the 9/16 to 3/16 line fittings in the cast iron MCs are not readily available. Luckily Dale has a mopar buddy who manages an O'reilly store and is aware of this situation, so he crawls through junkyards on a regular basis to build up a stash. We were thankful, it's the little things that trip you up when you're in a time crunch.
I threw the shredded spare, and the worst one of the remaining mounted tires, in the 1 ton, and decided Thursday morning was going to be tire day for me, just didn't want to continue this trip waiting for the next problem to show itself, I needed to be pro-active at this point.
As I walked back into the shop, I noticed Dale had taken up his normal spot, on his back, under the dash of the BarnYard. Boone was busy bolting the exhaust under the truck. He had painted it all high heat white earlier in the day. The idea was for the 3" exhaust to run high up next to the floor pan, and virtually disappear, allowing everyone to only notice the large, bright headers exiting the fender. This was easier said than done, Since a sweptline cab hangs considerably lower at the back than the floor pan and bed, it required drilling 4" holes in the cab to snake the exhaust through. The headers end about 6 inches short of the fender, then an extension is V-banded on the end of the 4" collector that sticks through the fender and features the signature pentastar 5 bolt cap with the Mopar M plasma cut into the center which quickly became the feature point of the whole truck when it went public. The exhaust attaches to another 3" V-band coming off the back of the collector as it turns for the fender. Great care was taken when collaborating Boone's ideas to the header builder that as much of the header tubes as possible needed to show between the gap of the tire and fender. The design for the cap came to Dale in a dream after a session with the header guy and Boone, he had sketched it out the next day as seen in this attachment.

7864912-FOTA2FB.JPG (110 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines