Boone and I were off work for the rest of the week, but Dale still had to work through Thursday, and Darren was scheduled to work through Friday.
"How's the Charger coming, Boone?" I questioned.
"Don't know, Darren keeps calling us for advice, and help. We tell him to bring it over here to work on, so we can just walk over and tell him what to do, but he keeps refusing!" Boone shook his head slowly, "We've got too much on our plates to be driving over there to see what he's doing!"

Dale showed up about an hour later, and to be blunt, looked terrible. Sleep deprivation was already kicking his butt, and there was no relief in sight if he was to finish either of these vehicles.
"Hey, Dave! How was the trip?"
"Not too bad, actually."
"Where we at Boone?"
"Wiring, brake lines...Do you want to attempt the windshield again?"
"Too tired for the windshield, and we need more hands for that!" he concluded.
I interjected, "What's left wiring wise, that would allow us to get the dash in this thing?"
"That's a good question." he shrugged, and walked to the back of the shop, and settled into one of the chairs.
"Bring me the dash". He motioned, as his head rolled around on his shoulders, seemingly looking for the nearest pillow.
Boone handed him the dash, then grabbed a notebook, and started reading off wire colors, and the corresponding accessories each went to. I walked over and looked into the truck. They had attached a 1/8 inch piece of aluminum from the firewall to the dash bar of the roll cage. The igniton was mounted to the top, and would be accessible through the glove box door. On the bottom was a ten pin connector on each end, and a Painless wiring fuse box in the middle. A Painless wiring switch panel would have made this infinitely easier, but Boone had decided everything had to be on individual toggle switches for the gasser vibe. In addition there were a group of wires routed under the hushmat to between the seats for more toggles on a "yet to be built" console. All the wiring throughout the truck had been completed, and wired to each of the connectors on the dash bar plate, now it was a matter of hooking the toggles on the dash and console, to the fuse box, and the other side of said connectors. Did I mention the relays, the infinite myriad of relays also mounted to the plate? Relays for every toggle, relays running relays, relay groups taped together for the turn signals. Now I understand why the printed circuit board was the greatest achievement of the 20th century, or at least that's how I felt, looking inside the truck!

Dad finally arrived back with the headers, talked with us for a while, then called it a night. Dale finished up the backside of the dash, and we chased him off to bed as well, or carried him, I'm not sure, the details are a little fuzzy now.
There is that time in every thrash day where you weigh the benefits of working late into the night/am without distractions, against how slow you start to move without sleep. At this point Boone and I were just enjoying the fact that everyone else had turned in, and we could concentrate on the task at hand. We bolted on the passenger side header, but held off on the driver's side in deference to getting the brake lines routed over there. Then we tackled mounting the dash. Getting the dash in the truck was not difficult or time consuming, but it certainly looked like a huge accomplishment! We turned out the lights and called it a night, and after a shower, my head hit the pillow just after midnight.

7860408-100_0878.jpg (101 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines