We rolled into Albequerque in the afternoon, and tried in vain to buy a replacement trailer tire...just nothing available on Labor Day Monday. As the sun began to set, we ambled up to Moriarty, and went off in search of "Amarillo by Morning".
We actually stopped just short of there at a little truck stop, and bailed into the camper shell for a "small nap" that turned into 5 hours. Left there before dawn, with Mr. Hooker telling me about change. " One of these days
Things gonna change...You'll try not baby
Afterwhile gonna be mine, gonna be mine
One of these days I'm old and lonely baby
Cry Cry Crying. Wont be long long Things gonna change,

You're singing to the choir John Lee! Help him out Carlos. If you remember the old MTV video, he was wearing the same outfits, and riding in an outdated Limo.

Sometime, in the middle of the night
And you're so long, and so long and so long
Things gonna change, things gonna change
Change change change
Things gonna change,
Further on up the road baby, things gonna change
Change change change
Change baby
You'll try not to leave
But after while Gonna be mine
My time my time baby
Things gonna change
Change change change

All the Gebhart boys are well into their 40's and climbing relentlessly towards 50. When we were in our teens, and staying up all night to finish a car, people used to ask, "When will you guys learn?" They don't ask anymore...

"Dad, you've been listening to the same 15 song compilation CD since we left Phoenix!" Rachael rolled her eyes.

We rolled into Casa de los Owasso, at 2pm Tuesday 9/3. We had just shut the truck off when Boone announced that his headers were ready to be picked up at the coaters, 140 miles away, and my truck was the only suitable transportation. Dad volunteered to make the trip, and turned to me, "You want to ride along, Son?"
"I'd love to spend time with you dad, but I just spent 26 hours in that thing, and I'm not about to get back in it right now". I helped him disconnect the trailer, and off he went towards Joplin. "One of these days", I thought to myself, "Things are gonna change!"

7856605-100_0873.jpg (117 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines