Dale called me again late and said Darren had looked at the guy's CL add for the 69 D-100, and was interested.
"Fine", I retorted, "But he has to buy the sixpack from me first, then try to go make a deal, I don't want him shopping my parts, and making deals before I'm paid!"
I love Darren like a brother, because, well he IS my brother, but he takes the whole "Family Math" thing even further than Dale. Dale will owe you forever, but Darren thinks there should be a statute of limitations on such dealings! There is a sliding scale, of course. He thinks you should probably forget about a 20 dollar loan in a couple of weeks, and 500 or so should be forgiven in a year or year and a half! Heaven forbid if you whip out a notebook with all these debts recorded, that puts him into an absolute rage!

"Why does he want a truck, and how is he going to pay me for the sixpack?" I asked Dale, My curiosity was piqued.
"He sold his Dakota RT to one of Cody's friends for 3200", Dale relayed, "and he wants a beater to haul stuff around".
I was shocked, he had owned that Solar Yellow extended cab R/T for 12 years, longer than he had stuck with any single vehicle in his entire life!

On April 24th, I finally reached Bryce Mulvey by phone. He was pleasant, easy to talk to, and we came to an agreement on a set of the AirWolf heads. "I'm about three weeks out" he commented.
"Great, so is my rotating assembly!"
Seems this is the small block mopar time warp. These small block guys are hardcore I thought to myself, BB guys are spoiled and soft, I've never went though this to get anything before.
He took my info and credit card number, and told me he would get an invoice out to me via e-mail in a few days.

2 hours later, I get a brief call from Darren, "I'm sending you a check for 1300 for that smallblock sixpack setup, give me your mailing address".
I gave him my info and added, "The checks good, right?
"Yes", he laughed "but don't waste any time getting it to the bank!"
Probably could have beat him up on the price, but while he's strictly C.O.D., he is still my brother...

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines