Ok, so the Wife is furious, but her unleashing of that anger meant she was wore out afterwards, and ambled off for a nap. I was pre-entered for MATS, and the hotel was paid for, so I had to get to work on the Belvedere!
I managed to spend the rest of Saturday bolting on the stealths, and everything else except the headers. Sunday morning I jumped up and finished everything else. 11am was the moment of truth, the 440 fired to life, and immediately started popping through the exhaust on the drivers side, identical to the way it sounded with the 906's! Now, I set about tracking the wires in earnest, and realized someone had dropped the dist. in 180 out, and just built the wires to match, so my previous cursory glance was in error! Switch the back 2, no more problems, except for that nagging feeling that when my wife calls me a moron, she may be closer to being right than I'd like to admit!

With the Mopower cruise scheduled for Thursday morning, it didn't look like I would get time to put the new, deep pan, and cooler on the tranny, but it made a good pass on Rachael's last run, so surely it had one more weekend of fun left in it, right?

7705168-100_1178-Copy.JPG (174 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines